How To Install The Toyota Navigation App
The all-new app called Scout GPS Link enables people to enjoy mobile phone-driven navigation, and voice-activated search among others to be delivered on the multimedia display of your vehicle.
The system offers a multitude of benefits, including hands-free voice command, traffic-based commute information, and directions capabilities. Offered on Toyota vehicles, the system can keep a tab on where a person has driven and also permits to save one’s preferred destinations. The system can also connect the vehicle to the cloud and your smartphone.
A compatible Android or iPhone5 smartphone is required to access this app on your Entune system through Bluetooth. Additionally, this GPS-based app should be installed and running on the smartphone. To use this app, it has to be loaded on the Entune, as well as, your smartphone system.
Follow these set of instructions to install this navigation app:
- First, your smartphone has to be connected to the Entune system of your vehicle via Bluetooth.
- Next, download the app from the Apple App Store, if you are using iPhone, or Google Play 2, if you are using an Android handset to the smartphone. You have to now open the app on the smartphone.
- Touch the words “Let’s get started” on your smartphone to start.
- You may now create a new Scout account, which is optional. Alternatively, just touch “Skip” so that the app can initialize.
- The map screen or one of the screens will be displayed on the smartphone after the app has been initialized.
- Once the app is initialized on the smartphone, the touchscreen display of the vehicle will prompt the user to update the Entune system. One has to just touch “Now” to start.
- As soon as the update is downloaded completely, it has to be installed. Choose “Install” so that the installation can be completed on the Entune system.
The Scout GPS button will be displayed on the Apps screen once the installation is completed. The driver is now all set to get directions from the newly installed Toyota Navigation App.
If you live in or near New Bern, Havelock, or Richlands, You may visit Stevenson Hendrick Toyota Jacksonville, a prominent Toyota dealership in Jacksonville, NC, to know more about the Toyota Multimedia Navigation System.